This Mother’s Day 2020 is different in many ways. We are all experiencing a lock-down – something which we have never seen before in our lives. But, even in the midst of all this uncertainty, we are trying to do things which can make special days even more special. And that’s what I tried to do this year. I collaborated with four other food bloggers to bring to you one recipe from each of them. We have all recorded the process as a video too and have combined it all together into a single video. The best part in this is that these recipes are made by our kids. And that makes it extra special. These are all simple recipes which you can make with your children and enjoy some special moments together. Do watch the video till the end to see what our little chefs are cooking for you (And if you like what we have put together, please don’t forget to subscribe to https://www.youtube.com/foodtokwithsherin/ and follow my blog for new recipes every week!). Wishing all the lovely moms out there a very Happy Mother’s Day.
This Chocolate Mug Cake recipe is presented by Asha (https://www.youtube.com/ashasculinaryworld/) and her daughter Aradhana. It is Aradhana’s go-to recipe when she craves for something sweet. It is a very simple and easy-to-make dessert that you can put together in less than 10 min. Do check out Asha’s YouTube channel and follow her for new recipes.
Few things to keep in mind
- Cooking Time: The cooking time for the mug cake in the microwave can vary depending on the power of the microwave. On high power, it usually gets done in 1 min 50 sec.
- All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
- Granulated sugar – 1/4 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1/8 tsp
Step by Step Process
- Add all the dry ingredients one by one to a large microwave safe mug. We used a 300 ml (10 oz) cup for this recipe.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Then add the wet ingredients one by one.
- Mix again using a whisk (Make sure there are no lumps left)
- Microwave it on high until the cake is done in the middle. It takes us about 1 minute 50 seconds.
Links to all the Mother’s Day 2020 Collaboration Recipes:
- Chocolate Cake: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/05/10/chocolate-cake-mothers-day
- Tortilla Sandwich: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/05/10/tortilla-sandwich-mothers-day
- Chocolate Mug Cake: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/05/10/chocolate-mug-cake-mothers-day
- Pizza Cups: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/05/10/pizza-cups-mothers-day
- White Chocolate No-Bake Cake: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/05/10/white-chocolate-no-bake-cake-mothers-day
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!