This Mother’s Day 2020 is different in many ways. We are all experiencing a lock-down – something which we have never seen before in our lives. But, even in the midst of all this uncertainty, we are trying to do things which can make special days even more special. And that’s what I tried to do this year. I collaborated with four other food bloggers to bring to you one recipe from each of them. We have all recorded the process as a video too and have combined it all together into a single video. The best part in this is that these recipes are made by our kids. And that makes it extra special. These are all simple recipes which you can make with your children and enjoy some special moments together. Do watch the video till the end to see what our little chefs are cooking for you (And if you like what we have put together, please don’t forget to subscribe to https://www.youtube.com/foodtokwithsherin/ and follow my blog for new recipes every week!). Wishing all the lovely moms out there a very Happy Mother’s Day.
This recipe of Tortilla Sandwich is presented by Sreelatha (https://www.framedrecipes.com/, https://www.pinterest.com/framedrecipes/ and https://www.instagram.com/recipes.framed/) and her son Adarsh. Potato and cheese happens to be Adarsh’s favourite food combo, so this tortilla sandwich is something he loves to have as a main meal or as a mid-day snack. This recipe is again pretty easy to put together. Don’t forget to check out Sreelatha’s blog page and follow her for some really interesting recipes she has put together.
Few things to keep in mind
- Grilling the sandwich: You can make this sandwich on stove-top instead of the panini grill. It is recommended to place the folded tortilla, fold side down on the skillet.
- Sandwich Masala: The sandwich masala that has been used in this recipe has flavors of chaat masala with some red chilli powder. So, in case you don’t have sandwich masala, you can substitute it with a combination of chaat masala (about a teaspoon) and some red chilli powder (adjust to taste).
- Salt: Since the mint chutney and the sandwich masala has enough salt, additional salt was not added for this recipe. But if you want you can always add salt to taste while making the filling.
- Potatoes – 300 gms, boiled and mashed
- Onions: 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Cilantro (Coriander Leaves) – 2-3 tbsp, finely chopped
- Green Chillies – 1-2 tsp, finely chopped (adjust as per taste)
- Sandwich Masala – 1 tsp (See Recipe Notes Above)
- Salt – If needed, as per taste
- Tortillas – 4 nos
- Mint Chutney – 2-3 tbsp (Recipe: https://www.framedrecipes.com/mint-chutney/ or https://foodtokwithsherin.wordpress.com/2020/03/07/mint-and-coriander-chutney-green-chutney/)
- Grated Cheese – As needed
Step by Step Process
- Pre-heat the panini grill.
- In a mixing bowl, mix everything listed under sandwich filling.
- On a tortilla, spread the mint chutney and sprinkle a little cheese.
- Add some of the potato mix and sprinkle some more cheese on top of it.
- Fold and and place on the grill. Close the lid and grill until done. (See Recipe Notes above in case of grilling the sandwich on a stove-top and not a panini grill)
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
Links to all the Mother’s Day 2020 Collaboration Recipes:
- Chocolate Cake: https://atomic-temporary-169628295.wpcomstaging.com/2020/05/10/chocolate-cake-mothers-day
- Tortilla Sandwich: https://atomic-temporary-169628295.wpcomstaging.com/2020/05/10/tortilla-sandwich-mothers-day
- Chocolate Mug Cake: https://atomic-temporary-169628295.wpcomstaging.com/2020/05/10/chocolate-mug-cake-mothers-day
- Pizza Cups: https://atomic-temporary-169628295.wpcomstaging.com/2020/05/10/pizza-cups-mothers-day
- White Chocolate No-Bake Cake: https://atomic-temporary-169628295.wpcomstaging.com/2020/05/10/white-chocolate-no-bake-cake-mothers-day