Mushroom fried rice is a classic Indo-Chinese dish that can be made as a quick meal. It has everything you want and need in a complete meal – comforting rice, earthy and delicious mushrooms, and flavorful seasonings – all stir-fried together and served in one bowl.
This Chinese-inspired mushroom fried rice is a quick and easy which you can put together in 10 min. Since mushrooms are sauteed on a high flame, they get caramelized and taste exceptionally good. You can also use any of your favorite ready made sauce and skip soya sauce. This can be served alone or with a side dish like Chilli Paneer or Chilli Gobi.
Mushroom Fried RiceCourse: MainCuisine: Indo-ChineseDifficulty: Easy
Easy and comforting mushroom fried rice.
Butter – 1-2 tbsp
Garlic – 4-5 cloves, sliced
Onion – 1 medium, chopped
Button mushrooms – 200 gms, chopped
Bell pepper – 2-3 tbsp, chopped small (optional)
Red chilli flakes – 1/2 tbsp
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Vinegar – 1/2 tbsp
Salt and pepper – as per taste
Cooked and cooled rice – 2 cups
Spring onion greens – a few, chopped for garnish
- In a pan, add the butter.
- Once the butter heats up and has melted, add the garlic.
- Let it brown and then add the onions.
- Saute the onions till translucent.
- Next add the mushrooms and bell peppers and cook it on high flame.
- Mushrooms will sweat, but cooking on high flame ensures that the water evaporates quickly and the mushrooms don’t loose their crunch completely.
- To this, add the soy sauce, vinegar and mix in the cooked rice.
- Saute for a min or two.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.