This Mother’s Day 2020 is different in many ways. We are all experiencing a lock-down – something which we have never seen before in our lives. But, even in the midst of all this uncertainty, we are trying to do things which can make special days even more special. And that’s what I tried to do this year. I collaborated with four other food bloggers to bring to you one recipe from each of them. We have all recorded the process as a video too and have combined it all together into a single video. The best part in this is that these recipes are made by our kids. And that makes it extra special. These are all simple recipes which you can make with your children and enjoy some special moments together. Do watch the video till the end to see what our little chefs are cooking for you (And if you like what we have put together, please don’t forget to subscribe to https://www.youtube.com/foodtokwithsherin/ and follow my blog for new recipes every week!). Wishing all the lovely moms out there a very Happy Mother’s Day.
This recipe of Pizza Cups is presented by Dhanya (https://www.instagram.com/dsspicetrail/) and her daughters Ananya and Advika. The girls love baking and Ananya has been trying out a lot of new recipes during this lockdown. This recipe of Pizza Cups that they are sharing with us is something that they love to make as a quick dinner for the family when Dhanya really wants a break from the kitchen…:) Do follow Dhanya on Instagram to hear more about their experiments and stories around food!
Few things to keep in mind
- Filling: The filling for these pizza cups can be changed as per what’s available with you. You can add other vegetables or add some sausages, salami etc as well.
- Bread: It is always better to use fresh bread for this, else it will end up breaking a lot and crumbling when trying to roll and press it into the muffin tray.
- Capsicum – 1 cup, diced into small cubes
- Onions – 1 cup, finely chopped
- Boneless Chicken – 1 cup, cooked with salt and pepper, cut into small cubes
- Grated Cheese – 1 cup
- Pasta Sauce – 1 cup (Recipe: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/03/21/home-made-pizza-sauce/)
- Melted Butter – ¾ cup
- Bread – 12 slices
Step by Step Process
- Mix the vegetables and chicken. We didn’t add more salt because the chicken was cooked with salt. Also, the sauce contains salt, so does the cheese.
- Add the pasta sauce into the veggies and mix well.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C.
- Butter the muffin tray.
- Roll each bread slice thin using a rolling pin.
- Fit the slices of bread into the muffin tray.
- Butter the bread and blind bake for 5 mins.
- Fill the bread cups with the chicken-veg mix.
- Top it off with grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 mins. Serve hot!
Links to all the Mother’s Day 2020 Collaboration Recipes:
- Chocolate Cake: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/05/10/chocolate-cake-mothers-day
- Tortilla Sandwich: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/05/10/tortilla-sandwich-mothers-day
- Chocolate Mug Cake: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/05/10/chocolate-mug-cake-mothers-day
- Pizza Cups: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/05/10/pizza-cups-mothers-day
- White Chocolate No-Bake Cake: https://foodtokwithsherin.com/2020/05/10/white-chocolate-no-bake-cake-mothers-day
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!