If you are looking for a basic and fuss-free vanilla cake recipe that can be had as a plain tea cake or used as a base if you are planning to fill, layer and make a special decorated cake, then this recipe should be the only one you need. I am using oil in this recipe instead of butter which makes it moist and it stays moist even if you refrigerate it. I have used this recipe multiple times to make a layered cake and it is pretty stable that ways. I have layered it with chocolate ganache as well as as with just plan buttercream and fruit compote. You can then cover up the cake with buttercream or ganache and decorate it as you wish.
This recipe is a modified version of the cake my mom makes. So yeah, it is again another one from her recipe book!
Vanilla CakeCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
A soft and delicious Vanilla Cake with beautiful crumbs!
Eggs – 4
Sugar – 1 cup
Oil – 2/3 cup
Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
Flour – 1.5 cups
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Step by Step Process
- Preheat oven at 170C. Grease a 7-inch cake tin with oil and line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and sugar and using an egg beater, beat it till light and fluffy.
- To this, add the oil and vanilla essence and continue beating till it is all well incorporated.
- Add the baking powder and salt to the flour and mix it well.
- Fold in the flour mix into the cake batter till there are no dry streaks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake it for 45-50 min at 170C in the pre-heated oven till a skewer inserted comes clean.
- The top of the cake should have an even brown color.
- Let the cake cool down properly before un-moulding and serving.