You are in for a treat here. This is not the recipe for oreo and chocolate cupcakes where you add oreo cookies and chocolate into the cupcake batter. It is something totally different. This recipe was actually inspired by the strawberry cupcakes posted by Nadiya’s Bakes. I have two of my besties who had been binge watching her show on Netflix. And after every recipe they liked, they would ping me asking me to watch her show and make some of her recipes for them. That’s how I started watching her channel. The moment I saw her strawberry cupcakes video, I wanted to try it out. But then strawberries were almost out of season here in Bangalore. And that’s how I decided to make some changes to the recipe and change it to an oreo and chocolate cupcake. It has been a hit with the kids.
The recipe for the cupcake batter is very similar to my Vanilla Cake recipe. I use oil in that, whereas in this one, I have used butter. So if you are a person who prefers oil based cakes, you can refer to the Vanilla Cake recipe and half the quantity to make these cupcakes. If you are sticking to the same quantity of ingredients as the Vanilla Cake, then you will need 16 oreo cookies and chocolate chunks each.
Hope you enjoy baking these! I thoroughly enjoyed these cupcakes and everyone who has had it loves it too.
Oreo Chocolate CupcakesCourse: CakesDifficulty: Easy
A very different kind of oreo and chocalate cupcakes, using whole oreo cookies as the base!
Butter – 100 gms, soft at room temperature
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2
Flour – 3/4th cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oreo cookies – 8
Chocolate chunks – 8 pcs
- Line your cupcake tin with 8 cupcake liners.
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Bring the butter to room temperature and soften it well with a hand beater.
- Slowly add the sugar to this and beat till nice and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla essence and continue beating.
- Add in the eggs one by one and continue whisking with a beater.
- Once well incorporated, fold in the flour, mixed with baking powder and salt slowly, till the batter comes together properly.
- In each of the eight cupcake liners, place an oreo cookie at the bottom.
- Pour the prepared batter to fill about 1/2-3/4 of the liner.
- Push in a chocolate chunk in the centre of the batter in each liner.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 25-28 min.
- Turn around after 20 min if needed for even cooking. The cupcakes are done when a skewer inserted comes out clean.