Have you tried out my recipe of Classic Chocolate Brownie? After brownie comes a blondie.. Now, what are blondies?? Well these are the non-cocoa / non-chocolate version of brownies. many blondie recipes use brown sugar instead of regular white sugar. These white chocolate blondies are flavoured with white chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, making it all the more delicious!
Few things to keep in mind
- Sugar: This recipe calls for brown sugar and that’s what gives these blondies their taste and flavour. So try to use brown sugar itself instead of white sugar.
- Skewer Test: To check whether these blondies are done, insert a skewer in the centre and check. The skewer should not have any wet batter on it, but should come out with a few crumbs sticking to it. This makes sure the blondies are not over baked.
- Melted Butter – 200 gms
- Brown Sugar – 3/4th cup
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Corn Starch – ½ tbsp
- Butterscotch chips – ¼ cup
- White Chocolate chips – ¼ cup
Step by Step Process
- Pre heat the oven to 170 C. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the butter and sugar and then add the eggs.
- Continue whisking and it will come together like a sauce.
- Next, add the vanilla essence and whisk again.
- Add the all purpose flour (reserve some flour for dusting the chips), salt and corn starch and mix it all well with a spoon or spatula.
- Dust half of the butterscotch and white chocolate chips with the flour kept aside and add it to the blondie batter and mix well.
- Pour half of the blondie mix into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle half the reserved butterscotch and white chocolate chips over the batter and then pour the rest of the blondie mix on top it.
- Level the batter and sprinkle the remaining chips on top.
- Bake this in the preheated oven at 170C for 30-45 min.
- Check at 30 min first and if its not done, leave for another few min.
- When done, the top looks dry and a skewer inserted will not have any wet batter on it.
- Since this has a fudgy and chewy texture, it is perfectly ok to have the skewer come out with some crumbs sticking to it.
- You can eat these blondies as-is or serve them with a scoop of ice-cream and some caramel, butterscotch or chocolate sauce.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!