If you have always wished for brownies not being loaded with Chocolate flavour, then blondies are your answer. Blondies skip the cocoa powder or melted chocolate, thus presenting you with multiple flavour options.
I had posted the recipe for Classic Chocolate Brownies long back and had some requests for a blondie recipe. So that led me to try out the White Chocolate and Butterscotch Blondie, which was a hit with a lot of my viewers. But then came the next request – how about an eggless version of blondies. I tried this recipe multiple times before I got it to my liking. I had initially started off experimenting with Chocolate Chip Blondies, but since I have a coffee lover at home, thought of trying out a Mocha flavour.
The best part of these recipes of brownie or blondies is that they can all be mixed in less than 10 min and need just a single bowl. And these are quick to bake too since you leave them a little moist in the centre for the fudgy centre.
Few things to keep in mind
- Baking Time: Ovens behave differently. So always check your baked item a few minutes before the time mentioned in the recipe. This recipe takes 15 min in my oven. So you can set a timer for 10 or 12 min and check if your blondie looks done from the top. Only if it looks done from the top, should you open the oven door for the skewer test.
- Sugar: This recipe calls for brown sugar and that’s what gives these blondies their taste and flavour. So try to use brown sugar itself instead of white sugar.
- Skewer Test: To check whether these blondies are done, insert a skewer in the centre and check. The skewer should not have any wet batter on it, but should come out with a few crumbs sticking to it. This makes sure the blondies are not over baked.
- Melted Butter – 100 gms
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Strong Coffee – 2 tbsp (1 tbsp instant coffee in 1 tbsp hot water)
- Yoghurt – 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Dark Chocolate Chips – 1/4 cup
Step by Step Process
- Line an 8×8 inch tin with parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- In a bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar.
- Into that, add the yoghurt, coffee and vanilla essence. Whisk this well till you get a smooth mix.
- Into this, add the flour (keeping a little flour aside), baking powder, baking soda and salt and fold it in.
- Dust the chocolate chips in the flour kept aside and mix it into the blondie mix.
- Pour the blondie mix into the prepared tin. Bake for 15 min at 180 C.
- A skewer inserted should come out with some wet crumbs sticking to it and the top should be cooked.
- If needed, continue baking for a few more min.
- Let it cool well before cutting it.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!