This is one such recipe which really doesn’t require too much of preparation time and can be made to very well satisfy those chocolate cravings that many of us have..;) The only difficult part is the waiting time for this to set in the refrigerator!!
Few things to keep in mind
- Chocolate: Use dark cooking chocolate for this recipe. And to melt the chocolate and butter, you can either use the method I have shown in this recipe or melt in the microwave in bursts of 10 – 15 sec. While melting chocolate, always make sure you keep stirring it and don’t overheat it.
- Biscuits: I have used the regular Marie digestive biscuits that is readily available in stores. That soaks the chocolate syrup well.
- Dark Cooking Chocolate – 100 gms, chopped roughly or grated
- Butter – ½ cup (100 gms)
- Digestive Biscuits – 100 gms, crushed coarsely
- Condensed milk – ¼ cup
- Chopped nuts (can use a mix of different nuts) – ½ cup
- Butter to grease the cake tin
- Chocolate Ganache Sauce for pouring on top (optional) (Recipe: https://foodtokwithsherin.wordpress.com/2020/02/22/chocolate-ganache-sauce/)
- Nuts for garnishing
Step by Step Process
- Melt the chocolate and butter on a double boiler over medium heat. Let it melt and combine to form a smooth sauce. Take it off heat and let it cool down a little. (See Recipe Notes)
- Crush the digestive biscuits coarsely and add it along with the condensed milk and chopped nuts to the chocolate sauce mix.
- Mix it till well combined.
- Grease a 6-inch dish with butter and pour the cake batter into it. Top with some chocolate ganache sauce and chopped nuts and leave it in the refrigerator to set completely.
- Once set, cut into pieces and enjoy! You can drizzle some caramel or butterscotch sauce also on top of this, if you really want to indulge…;)