This is one of those salads you can make with a mix of whatever fruits and vegetables are available with you at home. It uses a basic lemon, honey and olive oil dressing, keeping it light and fresh. It is best to have this salad fresh. In fact, I like to mix the fruits and vegetables together and keep it refrigerated. And keep the salad dressing separately. And mix it at the time of serving.
Salads are a great filler meal or when you are not in a mood to load up on carbs. This salad contains enough fibre and is quite filling too. If you are looking for more inspirations for salads, do check this out.
Vegetable And Fruit SaladCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
A customizable salad recipe which is really easy to put together.
- For the Dressing
Yellow/Dijon Mustard – 2 tbsp
Honey – 2 tbsp
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Apple Cider Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Salt and Pepper as per taste
- For the Salad
Carrot – 1 small, grated
Cucumber – 1 small, chopped
Cherry Tomatoes – 8-10, halved
Orange – 1/2, segmented and sliced
Apple – 1/2, chopped
Pomegranates – ¼ cup
Walnuts, Almonds – a few, chopped
Seeds of choice – a little
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the dressing – mustard, honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix this well and keep it separate.
- Mix together all the salad ingredients. You can add the leaves at the end.
- In case you are not getting rocket leaves, you can skip that. Choice of fruits, vegetables and leaves is personal and you can add what you like and have available.
- Keep the salad refrigerated.
- At the time of serving, pour the salad dressing and serve.