Panna Cotta is one dessert which is not just simple to make but can be made well ahead in time and kept refrigerated till it’s time to serve. It usually doesn’t require too many ingredients and takes very less time to mix together as well. Panna Cotta requires a setting agent, which is most cases is gelatin. That gives them the soft and creamy texture, which is a characteristic of panna cotta. It is usually served with some topping like a fruit compote or praline or even fresh fruits.
This recipe is made using coconut milk and has that light coconut flavour. I generally use store bought coconut milk for this recipe and that makes it all the more easy and quick to make.
Coconut Panna CottaCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
A quick and easy dessert recipe!
- For The Pudding
Gelatin – 2½ tsp
Water – ¼ cup
Coconut Milk – 800 ml
Condensed Milk – ½ cup
- For Topping
Any fruit compote
Step by Step Process
- Sprinkle the gelatin on top of the water and gently stir it. Let it sit for a few minutes till it blooms.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk and condensed milk together till its combined. The mixture shouldn’t boil.
- Take it off heat.
- Once the gelatin has bloomed, microwave it in bursts of a few seconds till the gelatin melts.
- Add this to the coconut milk mixture and stir well.
- If you plan to set this in small moulds from which you want to unmould them later, brush the moulds with some coconut oil and then slowly pour the panna cotta mix into it through a sieve. Alternatively, it can also be set in small glasses and served.
- Refrigerate it till the panna cotta is set properly.
- To unmould, place the mould in some hot water for a few seconds and then invert it onto the serving plate.
- Top it with compote, fresh fruits or granola and serve.