Burnt Garlic Chicken Fried Rice is just the perfect full meal which can be made in a jiffy! It is full of flavor – buttery, garlicky and so good you can eat it plane. Skip the chicken and add some vegetables to make a vegetarian version of this. I personally love making rice this way – seasoned and flavoured so that it’s so tasty, it can be eaten plain. I could eat a meals’ worth straight out of the pot – it’s that good! And if you really want to pair it with a side dish, then my sweet and sour chicken with peanuts or the chilli chicken make for a perfect combo with this.
You could always add a fresh glass of virgin-lemon-mojito too to make this a perfect meal!
Few things to keep in mind
- Prepare before hand: Make sure all required ingredients are cut before you start the cooking process. The entire cooking for this fried rice doesn’t take too much of time. So having everything chopped and ready makes life a lot easier!
- Rice: A day old rice works best for fried rice. However, if you do not have left over rice, cook rice your usual way. Spread it on a plate and let it cool really well before you add it to the pan. This will reduce the chance of ending up with the rice sticking together in the fried rice!
- Garlic: Don’t skimp on the garlic. The fried garlic adds a lot of flavour to this dish.
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 8-9 cloves, sliced
- Garlic – 15 cloves, chopped fine
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Boneless Chicken – 100 gms, cut into small cubes
- Crushed Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Soy Sauce – 1/2 -1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Cooked Rice – 2 ½ cups
- Spring Onion Greens – a few, chopped
Step by Step Process
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp of butter and the sliced garlic cloves. Let it fry till golden brown in color. Once done, remove the fried garlic and keep it aside.
- Into the same pan, add the remaining butter. Add the finely chopped garlic and let it fry till golden brown.
- To this, add the chopped onions and fry till translucent and starts changing color.
- Next, add the boneless chicken and cook it till the chicken is done.
- To this, add the pepper, chilli flakes, vinegar, soy sauce and salt (as needed) and mix well.
- Next, add the cooked rice and give it a quick stir.
- Add half of the fried garlic that was kept aside earlier to the rice and mix well.
- Finally add some chopped spring onion greens and take it off heat.
- To serve, garnish with the remaining fried garlic and spring onion greens.