Just in time to cater to your ‘something usual but with a twist’ cravings. Easy peasy maggi with juicy and spicy chicken is surely THE combination. Your evenings made yummier and simpler with this easy to make maggi and chicken cutlet. You could try the yummiest eggless-mayonnaise as a dip with these maggi and chicken cutlets.
Few things to keep in mind
- Cooking of Maggi: If you have some leftover maggi, you can add that directly to the recipe below. If you do not want to use to tastemaker, you can increase the quantity of the other spices used in this recipe.
- Bread Crumbs: You can use store-bought bread crumbs or this recipe of mine to easily make this at home too.
- Chicken – 250 gms (cut into small pieces)
- Maggi Noodles – 1 pack, with tastemaker
- Onion – 1 small, chopped fine
- Green Chilli – 1-2, chopped fine
- Curry Leaves – a few
- Ginger – 1/4 inch piece, chopped fine
- Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – for cooking and frying
- Egg – 1
- Bread Crumbs – Enough to coat the cutlets (Check out my recipe for these homemade-bread-crumbs)
Step by Step Process
- Cook the cut chicken with 1 cup of water, some salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, remove just the chicken pieces from the pan and let it cool. After it cools down, mince the chicken in a chopper and keep aside.
- In the same pan that you used to cook the chicken, along with the chicken broth that’s there, add the maggi and some water too if needed. Cook it covered till maggi is done. Remove it to another bowl and keep it aside.
- Chop fine one onion, 3-4 green chillis, curry leaves and ginger together in a chopper.
- In the same pan that you used to cook the chicken and maggi, add some oil and add the chopped onion mince. Saute it till the onion starts changing color.
- Once done, add the chicken mince along with the maggi tastemaker, salt (if needed), pepper powder and garam masala powder.
- Mix it well. Next, add the boiled maggi to this and mix well. Use a potato masher and mash well till the chicken and maggi is well combined.
- Shape the chicken and maggi mix into desired shapes while it’s still warm.
- Whisk an egg lightly. Dip each cutlet into the egg and then into the bread crumbs to coat it evenly.
- Keep it aside. Repeat this for all the cutlets.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets. You can either pan fry or air fry these cutlets too.
- Serve hot with some mayonnaise or ketchup!