This is another one of our favourite weekend breakfast items. I generally make crepes two way – one as per this recipe and another one with caramelized banana filling. We love both these variants. And whenever I make this for the weekend, all I see are happy faces at the breakfast table…:)
Few things to keep in mind
- Crepe Batter: The consistency of the crepe batter should not be very thick. It should have a good flowing consistency which makes it easier to spread thin. I use the pouring ladle itself to spread it thin, but if you do have the T shape crepe maker, please go ahead and use it to get those perfectly thin crepes!
- Sugar: It is better to use castor sugar or fine grained sugar for this. It melts and caramelizes faster and evenly too.
- Apples: I have used red apples for this recipes. However, if you are using green apples, you may want to increase the quantity of sugar and decrease lemon juice.
For the crepe
- Egg – 2
- Milk – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1/4 – 1/2 cup (adjust to get the right consistency)
- Melted Butter – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
For the filling
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Apple – 2, cut into cubes
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – 1 tsp
Step by Step Process
- To prepare the crepe batter, whisk the eggs with the milk, melted butter, vanilla essence, sugar and salt.
- Once combined properly, whisk in the flour and mix it to a lump free batter.
- Add water as needed to adjust the consistency to a pouring but not very thin batter. Let the batter sit covered till the filling is prepared.
- For the filling, toss the apple pieces in the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon powder.
- Heat the butter in a pan and once the butter has melted, add the apples to it. Saute it in the butter till the apples are slightly caramelized and release the juices.
- To prepare the crepes, heat a pan on medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add a ladle full of batter and spread it evenly and thin onto the pan.
- Once the crepe cooks, it slowly starts to brown from the sides and lifts off the pan. The top will also be cooked by this time.
- Add the filling and fold the crepes. Place the filling in the centre of crepe and fold it over. Serve hot!
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!