This eggless garlic mayonnaise has the right hint of garlic flavour in mayonnaise. I was never a fan of buying mayonnaise, primarily because of the use of raw eggs. But once I learnt to make Eggless Mayonnaise at home, I never think twice to make it when there is a need for a quick spread or dip. And this garlic mayonnaise is another version of that. This pairs well with some vegetable sticks and pita bread too.
- Chilled Fresh Cream – 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- Mustard paste, powder or mustard sauce – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Powdered or castor sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic paste – 1/4 tsp or 1-2 cloves crushed and made into a paste
- Oil – 1/4 cup (60 ml)
Step by Step Process
- Whip together all the ingredients, except the oil.
- You can either use your mixer jar, if it has a cap on top through which you can pour oil, while the mixer is running. Else you can use a hand held mixer or a hand blender.
- Once the cream and all the ingredients are well incorporated, it will be a little runny.
- At this stage, slowly start pouring the oil in a thin and steady stream slowly.
- Once all the oil is poured in, continue beating/mixing for about half a minute.
- The mayo thickens, but this won’t be as thick as the store-bought mayo or the one which uses eggs. But once you refrigerate it, it thickens and has a good spreadable consistency.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!