Frittatas are so simple to make yet so delicious to eat. Some also call a frittata a crustless quiche. I personally love the blend of egg baked with yummy vegetables. This Maggi Frittata along with these Savoury Muffins will definitely keep bellies full and hands occupied at your next house party. You can serve it along with my Eggless Garlic Mayo dip or this refreshing Yoghurt Cucumber dip.
Few things to keep in mind
- Cooking the Frittata: I have made this frittata in an iron skillet. That ways once the stove top cooking is done, it can be directly transferred into the oven for the baking process. However, this can be cooked in any regular pan and then transferred to a baking tray to bake till the top is done and cheese melts. If you do not want to bake, then you can keep it covered and cover on low heat for some time till the top is cooked.
- Vegetables: I have added vegetables which I had available with me. You can definitely customize the recipe and add vegetables or meat of your choice.
- Eggs – 2
- Maggi Noodles – 1 pack, with tastemaker
- Vegetables of choice – Bell Peppers (1/2 piece, cut into juliennes), Mushrooms (4-5 sliced thin), Spinach (a few, chopped)
- Cream – 1/2 cup
- Salt – as per taste
- Piri Piri Masala – 1/2 -1 tsp (adjust as per taste)
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 -1 tsp (adjust as per taste)
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Pickled Jalepenos – a few
- Chopped Red Pepper – a few
- Mozarella Cheese, grated – for topping (can replace with any other cheese of choice too)
Step by Step Process
- Beat the eggs lightly till the white and yolk is just combined.
- Add the cooked maggi, the tastemaker, salt, piri piri masala, chilli flakes and cream and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In a cast iron pan (if not available, then use any regular pan you have), heat a little butter cook together vegetables like mushrooms and spinach which release water.
- Make sure all excess water is evaporated.
- To this add the remaining butter and the egg mix.
- Spread it around evenly.
- Cover and cook for 5 min, till the edges slowly start to change color.
- Take off the lid, add the chopped jalepenos, red peppers and grated cheese and turn off the heat.
- If using a cast iron pan, you can directly bake the frittata in the pan itself for about 8-10 min till the top is done and cheese melts.
- If using any other pan, slowly slide the frittata onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake till top is done.
- Make sure you don’t overcook the frittatas.
- Serve hot.