When we talk about baked goodies using bananas, banana muffins do come up in the list. These are really easy to make and can use up all those over-ripe bananas which have no takers. Addition of chocolate chips definitely makes it much more interesting for kids too. And well, we all know that bananas and chocolate make a good pair..:)
Few things to keep in mind
- Bananas: I have used over-ripe medium size Robusta bananas for this recipe. Depending on what you have available, you may use. But if you are using smaller size bananas, you may want to increase the number of bananas that you use.
- Butter: I have used melted butter in this recipe. You can replace it with oil too.
- Cake spice mix: I like to flavour these muffins with my cake spice mix. You can either skip it or replace it with cinnamon powder too.
- Ripe Bananas – 3 (See Recipe Notes Above)
- Egg – 1
- Unsalted Butter – 1/3 cup, melted and cooled slightly (See Recipe Notes Above)
- Brown Sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour – 1+1/2 cups
- Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Baking Soda – 3/4 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Cake Spice Mix / Cinnamon Powder – ¼ tsp (optional) (See Recipe Notes Above)
- Chocolate Chips – ½ cup
Step by Step Process
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C. Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners and keep it aside.
- Mash the bananas well with a fork in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs, melted butter, brown sugar and vanilla essence and mix till well combined.
- Reserving a little flour, mix together the baking powder, baking soda and salt into the remaining flour. Add this to the batter and mix till the dry ingredients are just combined with the wet ingredients.
- Add the flour, which was kept aside, into the chocolate chips and let it coat well. Mix this in to the muffin batter.
- Pour the muffin batter into the cupcake liners till about 3/4th full. Bake it in the preheated oven at 180 C for 30 min – the top should be brown and a skewer inserted should come clean.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!