Sometimes all you need to make a dish interesting is to prepare a quick dip to go along with it. That’s exactly what this dip can do when you want to present a plate of vegetable sticks. It pairs well pita chips as well as different vegetable sticks. This can be a good and healthy party starter option too!
Few things to keep in mind
- Yogurt: Make sure you use thick yogurt and leave it in the refrigerator in a muslin/cheese cloth and sieve to drain excess water. This way your dip will be creamy and thick.
- Cucumber: Once you grate the cucumber, squeeze out all the excess water and leave it out on an absorbent paper or cloth to remove any water remaining.
- Yoghurt – 250 gms
- Medium Size Cucumber – 1
- Minced Garlic – 2 cloves
- Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Finely chopped mint leaves – a few
- Salt – to taste
- Freshly crushed pepper – to taste
Step by Step Process
- Drain the yoghurt for a couple of hours (or overnight) on a sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- Remove the seeds from the cucumber and grate it. Squeeze out all the excess water from the cucumber and spread it on a kitchen towel for the excess moisture to be removed.
- Add the cucumber, minced garlic, half of the olive oil, lemon juice, mint leaves, salt and pepper to the yoghurt and mix nicely.
- Transfer this to a serving bowl and drizzle the remaining olive oil on top.
- Serve the dip along side a plate of baked pita chips and vegetable chips!
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!