Peanut Butter happens to be a staple in many of our pantry cupboards. But do you buy them or prefer making them at home? In case you are like how I used to be, then am sure you will be surprised to see how easy it is to make at home. I used to buy Peanut Butter very often, unless I realized that not just can I make it quickly at home but it also would not have any additives and preservatives which a store bought version will have. I hope this recipe inspires you too start making your own peanut butter at home.
- Roasted Peanuts – ½ cup
- Honey, sugar or any other sweetener – 1-1.5 tsp (adjust as per taste)
- Salt – to taste
Step by Step Process
- Add the peanuts into a mixer jar first. Add the salt and sugar (or any other sweetener) as per taste.
- Pulse it together till coarse. If you prefer chunky peanut butter, remove a quarter of the nuts and continue pulsing.
- The peanuts will become clumpy and then once the oil from the peanuts is released, it will become glossy and soft. Stop pulsing.
- If you had removed some peanuts earlier, add it to the butter and mix it together to make your own homemade peanut butter.