If you are looking for flavours a little different from the usual vanilla, chocolate or fruity flavours for cakes and cupcakes, then this peanut butter cupcakes should definitely sound interesting. You can even make it into the classic PBJ flavour by topping it or filling it with some jam..:)
These peanut butter cupcakes can be made using home-made peanut butter and that ways the amount of preservatives that go into the batter is in your control completely. You can either use the creamy peanut butter or the crunchy variant. And top it up with some peanut butter buttercream for that extra dose of peanut butter..;)
If you are looking for some other flavours of cakes and cupcakes do check out my recipes for different cake flavours like vanilla, chocolate, coffee, caramel, orange, banana and more!
Peanut Butter CupcakesCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Cupcakes loaded with the delicious flavour of peanut butter!
Unsalted Butter – 1/3 cup, soft and at room temperature
Creamy Peanut Butter – ½ cup
Brown Sugar – ¾ cup (can increase to 1 cup for sweeter cupcakes)
Eggs – 2
Flour – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Milk – ¼ cup
- Preheat oven at 175C. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and peanut butter till well combined.
- To this, add the sugar and continue beating till light and creamy.
- Next, add the eggs and beat it till well combined.
- Mix the baking powder into the flour and fold in the flour and milk into the cupcake batter.
- Make sure everything is well combined and there are no dry streaks.
- Spoon in the batter into the prepared muffin tray and bake at 175C for 30-35 min till the top looks done and a skewer inserted comes clean.