This is another recipe from my health series – immunity boosting recipes. An immunity boosting recipe has to have a good balance between proteins, vitamins and minerals. This curry or side dish pairs well with both rice and roti. It has different textures and flavours which come together to make a delicious dish.
The recipe for this dish was shared by Anupama Menon (Food Coach and Nutritionist) and her team at Right Living, which is a health solutions firm based in Bangalore. You can get in touch with Anupama for your corporate as well as personal health goals through her instagram page https://www.instagram.com/iamanupamamenon.
Few things to keep in mind
- Tofu and Peanuts: Both tofu and peanuts are rich in proteins
- Spinach: Spinach is rich in vitamin A and C
- Onion: Onions are rich in sulfur, zinc and selenium – which are all micro-nutrients involved in a better immune system
- Spices: We are using ginger, garlic and turmeric in this curry – all rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties which improves immunity in the body
- Olive oil – 2 – 3 tbsp
- Firm Tofu – 200 gms, cut into cubes
- Mustard Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Onion – 1 medium size, chopped fine
- Garlic – 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Ginger – ¼ inch size, finely chopped
- Tomato – 2, chopped
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Salt –adjust as per taste
- Peanut Butter – 1 tbsp
- Spinach – 1 small bunch, chopped
- Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Water – as needed
- Coriander Leaves – a few sprigs, chopped fine
Step by Step Process
- Saute the tofu in a little olive with a pinch of salt.
- In a pan, add olive oil and add the mustard seeds to it. Once the mustard seeds have spluttered, add the onions, ginger and garlic and cook till the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till soft.
- Add the turmeric and salt along with the peanut butter.
- Next add some water to make a thick gravy.
- Once the gravy boils, add the tofu and spinach and cook it for 5 min till the tofu softens and spinach is wilted.
- Add some coriander leaves and serve hot.