Strawberry compote can be used as a filling/topping in cakes, crepes, pancakes etc or can be added to whipped cream or buttercream to make a strawberry flavoured cream. Well, these are just a few options of using this, but the options are limitless. Since strawberries are seasonal in most places, it is a good idea to make the compote and refrigerate it and then use it as desired.
Few things to keep in mind
- Water: Water is mentioned in the ingredient, but it may not be really required. The fruit itself will release water in which it will get cooked. So add water only if you think you need it for the strawberries to cook.
- Sugar and Lemon Juice: Adjust the sugar and lemon/orange juice as per the sweetness and tartness of the fruit.
- Strawberry – 200 gms
- Sugar – 1 tbsp (adjust as per taste)
- Water – only if needed
- Lemon Juice or Orange Juice – 1 tbsp (optional)
Step by Step Process
- Clean and cut the strawberries into quarters for medium size fruits or more pieces for larger size fruits.
- In a saucepan, add the strawberries and sugar and let it come to a boil. Add the lemon/orange juice if using.
- Add water only if needed. Mostly the juice released from the strawberries will be enough to cook them in.
- Let it simmer for about 10 min till the fruit is cooked and soft and the compote is a little thick.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!