Paneer Butter Masala is an Indian recipe which is usually liked by kids and adults alike. It isn’t very spicy and has a thick gravy, which makes it a good side dish with breads, rotis or rice.
I have limited the use of butter and cream in the recipe, but you can adjust it and increase or decrease it as per your taste preference.
Few things to keep in mind
- Paneer: I like to use fresh paneer for all my paneer recipes. They turn out really soft and melt in the mouth. However, if you are not able to make or buy fresh paneer, you can use the normal store bought packs which are readily available.
- Paneer cubes – 250 gms
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 medium size, chopped
- Tomatoes – 3 medium size, chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Cashews – 8 – 10 nos
- Kashmiri Chillies – 4 nos
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Sugar or Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Crushed Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – a little
- Fresh Cream – 1/4th Cup
- Water – as needed
Step by Step Process
- In a pan, add a little oil and saute the onions till tender.
- Add the tomatoes, garlics, cashews, kashmiri chillies, garam masala powder, sugar and salt till its cooked completely and fragrant.
- Let this cool and then grind this into a smooth paste.
- In the same pan, add a little oil (if needed) and the ground paste to this and let it cook for a while till the oil separates.
- Add the paneer cubes to the gravy and let it cook for 2 min.
- Add the crushed kasuri methi to the gravy followed by the cream.
- If the gravy appears too thick, add water to adjust the consistency. Let it come to a boil before taking it off from the heat.
- Serve hot with rice, roti or any other bread of your choice.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!