My kids like cookies and one of their favorites is the Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. The extra dose of chocolate in these cookies does give them a high!!! They love taking these in their snack box to school as well as with their evening glass of milk. They don’t like a very crunchy texture for these cookies, but prefer it to be a little soft and fudgy. So am generally careful about the baking time for these. Cos if I over-bake these, then it usually ends up in a chocolate cookie milkshake!!!
Few things to keep in mind
- Dry Ingredients: Since we are using cocoa powder, which generally has lumps, it is always better to sieve all the dry ingredients together
- Sugar: I have used 1/2 cup white (castor sugar) and 1/4th cup brown sugar. But it works perfectly well with full white or full brown sugar as well
- Baking Time: The baking time may differ from oven to oven. So keep an eye on the cookies once the 10 min mark is done. The sides should look done but the centre should be soft. The will continue to cook and harden up further as they cool down.
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 3/4th cup (See recipe notes above)
- Melted Butter – 1/2 cup (115 gms)
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Coffee powder – 1/2 tsp, dissolved in 1 tsp of hot water
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder – 1/4th cup
- Baking Powder – 1/4th tsp
- Salt – 1/4th tsp
- Chocolate Chips / Chopped Dark Cooking Chocolate – 1/4 cup (50 gms)
Step by Step Process
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and add the sugar, melted butter and vanilla essence to this till well combined. Add the coffee powder dissolved in water to this.
- To this, sieve in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips (chocolate chunks) and mix well.
- Leave this in the fridge for 20 – 30 min till the cookie dough is easier to handle.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
- Line a cookie tray with parchment paper and scoop out a small portion of the dough and place at some distance.
- You can either make it into balls and keep or just rough scoops. The cookie spreads quite a bit while cooking, so leave enough space between them.
- Bake for 10 min and then rotate the tray if your oven has an uneven heating.
- Keep for another 2 – 3 min, till you see the edges are done, but the middle is still soft.
- Remove it from oven and keep it out for cooling. These cookies will continue cooking a little more in the residual heat. These are soft and fudgy cookies. If you let them bake for a little longer, they will become harder.
Dunk these cookies in a glass of milk and enjoy or just eat them plain!!!
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!