Salads are a great way to incorporate fresh produce into your diet, and can be customized to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs. They are delicious and nutritious and typically consists of a mixture of raw or cooked vegetables, meat or vegetarian proteins, fruits, nuts, seeds, and other ingredients, tossed together with a dressing.
This Chicken and Corn Salad is packed with fresh ingredients and is a perfect way to enjoy a light and satisfying meal. The combination of tender chicken, juicy corn, some cooked quinoa, crunchy vegetables and fresh fruits make this salad a perfect option for a quick and easy lunch or a refreshing dinner. Plus, it’s easy to customize to your liking by adding your favorite toppings and dressings. I have used a honey mustard dressing for this salad, but you can go with a plain vinaigrette dressing too, if you wish to keep it simpler.
It is easy to include a salad as part of your daily routine if you plan for it a little ahead. Meal preps done over the weekend can sort you for the rest of the week as far as salads are concerned. Do check out the other salad recipes I have posted on my page till now.
Chicken and Corn SaladCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
This Chicken and Corn Salad recipe is a great option for anyone looking for a healthy and satisfying meal.
Chicken Breast – 200-250 gms
Salt and Pepper as per taste
Garlic Powder – ½ tsp (optional)
Cooked quinoa or any other millet – ½-¾ cup (optional)
Boiled Sweet Corn – 1 cup
Salad Greens – 2 cups
Strawberries – 10-12, halved or quartered
Mixed Nuts and Seeds
- Honey Mustard Dressing
Kasundi or Dijon/Yellow Mustard – 1/4 cup
Honey/Maple Syrup – 3-4 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 8-10 cloves, chopped
Salt – 1/4 tsp (adjust as per taste)
- For the dressing, add the mustard, honey, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and salt in a bowl and whisk it till well combined. Any extra dressing can be stored in a bottle with a tight lid and refrigerated.
- Add some salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using) to the chicken pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the chicken pieces. Cook on high flame to get a brown color on both sides.
- If the pieces are not very thick, the inside of the chicken will also be cooked in this time. Else, cook it on low flame for a couple of minutes till done.
- Remove it to a plate and once it cools down a little, cut into thin strips.
- On your serving plate, add some of the cooked quinoa or millet in the centre.
- Place the sliced chicken pieces on top of it.
- Add the sweet corn, salad greens and strawberries around it and pour some of the dressing on top.
- Garnish with some mixed nuts and seeds and serve.