BBQ Chicken Sandwiches make for an easy and delicious meal! Made with shredded chicken and tossed in a flavorful BBQ sauce, this certainly is an all-time favourite meal for the family.
If you are looking for a quick and easy, absolutely delicious recipe that people always go nuts over, then friends, these Easy BBQ Chicken Sandwiches are for you! These are perfect for a week night meal as you can do the prep work for these earlier and keep. They can be enjoyed as a sandwich or you can make these low carb by wrapping up filling in some lettuce leaves and serving them as lettuce rolls!
You can have the little ones in the family make these sandwiches for themselves if you have the filling ready. So now you know why this is an all-time favourite in the family!
Barbeque Chicken SandwichCourse: SnacksCuisine: United StatesDifficulty: Easy
A quick and easy sandwich which is perfect as a snack to pack in a tiffin, for your breakfast or even dinner.
Boneless Chicken – 200 gms, cut
Salt and Pepper as per taste
Water – 1-2 tbsp
Barbeque Sauce – 2 tbsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
Iceberg Lettuce – chopped
Cheese Slices – 2
Bread Slices – 4
- Add the boneless chicken along with some salt, pepper and water in a pan and cook it till the chicken is cooked through and the water is evaporated.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and shred it using a fork or using your fingers. Return the shredded chicken to the pan and add the barbeque sauce, vinegar and chilli flakes and cook till the chicken is well coated with the sauce.
- Take a slice of bread and spread some mayonnaise on it.
- Place some lettuce on top and add the cooked chicken on top of it. Place a slice of cheese on top. Spread some mayonnaise on another piece of bread and place it on top of the cheese with the mayonnaise side down.
- Grill this in a toaster or on a pan till the cheese melts and the bread is golden-brown from both sides.
- Serve hot.