This Homemade Sweet Waffle Recipe is easy and makes delicious waffles! These waffles are perfectly crisp and golden on the outside while being light and fluffy on the inside!
Waffles are a classic breakfast and brunch staple that have become so popular because of their amazing crispy golden exterior with deep pockets for holding syrup and butter! Everyone knows and loves getting waffles at their favorite breakfast restaurants, and they’re truly just as easy to make at home!
And what makes this recipe all the more special is that it is an all-time favourite breakfast option with my kids. If they have their way, they will have waffles every day…
Sweet WafflesCourse: DessertCuisine: BelgiumDifficulty: Easy
Serve this easy breakfast waffles – drizzle with some honey, maple syrup or chocolate syrup along with a side of some fresh fruits and berries.
Egg – 1, separated
Castor Sugar – 1 tbsp
All Purpose Flour – ¾ cup
Cornflour – ¼ cup
Salt – ¼ tsp
Baking Powder – ½ tbsp
Buttermilk – 1 cup (½ cup curd + ½ cup water)
Oil – 2.5 tbsp
Chopped Cranberries and Almonds
- Add the cornflour, salt and baking powder to the all-purpose flour and keep it aside.
- Separate the egg yolk and white into different bowls.
- To the egg yolk, add the buttermilk and oil and whisk it till combined.
- To this, fold in the flour.
- Whip the egg white lightly and then add the castor sugar to it and whip till stiff peaks.
- Fold in the whipped egg white gently to egg yolk mix.
- Heat the waffle maker and into one cavity add some cranberries and almonds.
- Pour the batter on top of it and top it up again with some cranberries and almonds.
- Into another cavity, add the batter and mix in some chocolate chips.
- You can also make plain waffles without any of these additions.
- Cook the waffles as per the instruction for your waffle maker.
- Once both sides are a golden brown color, remove the waffles onto an iron rack and let it cool down without sweating.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.