Lemon Chia Seeds Oats Pancakes with healthy chia seeds and zesty lemon are a quick and easy way to start your day!
We love pancakes and mix it up between these Oatmeal Pancakes or the Classic Pancakes. All are filling and equally delicious!
Chia seeds are a great addition in this recipe. We are getting extra nutrition and a little added crunch here and there. Chia seeds contain omega 3 (a great source for vegans) and it’s a complete protein.
Adding zesty lemon makes for a bright flavor anytime of the day. You can always increase the lemon zest in the recipe if you simply love that lemon flavor.
Lemon and Chia Seed Oats PancakesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
This lemon chia seeds oats pancake recipe is healthy, and comes together fast so you can get on with your day!
Oats Flour – 1.5 cups
Chia Seeds – 1 tbsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – ½ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Egg – 1
Buttermilk – 1 cup
Melted Butter – 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 2.5 tbsp (adjust as per taste)
Lemon Zest – 1 tsp
Honey/Maple Syrup – 2 tbsp
- Mix together the oats flour, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg and to it, add the buttermilk, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and honey/maple syrup and whisk well again.
- To this, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- On a hot griddle or pan, apply some oil/butter/ghee and add a ladle full of the batter.
- Cover it and let it cook on one side.
- Remove the lid and flip it over and cook the other side too.
- Serve it with some honey/maple syrup, lemon sauce, powdered sugar or just plain.