This roasted red pepper pesto is smoky, sweet, garlicky, and is the perfect addition to pasta, pizza, and your favorite crusty bread. It is a great party snack too when served as a dip with your favourite chips and veggies!
Roasting brings out the best in red bell peppers, adding a smoky flavor and making the crisp flesh tender and sweet. Combine those flavors with pesto and you’ve got yourself a sauce that you’ll want to keep on hand at all times.
Roasted Red Pepper PestoCourse: SidesCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
I like to think of this recipe as the holy grail of pestos. Yes, it has basil in it, but it also has something even better: roasted red peppers.
Walnuts – a few, chopped
Red Bell Pepper – 2, cut into cubes
Olive Oil – about 2-3 tbsp
Basil Leaves – a few
Garlic – 2 small cloves
Lemon Juice – as per taste
Salt – as per taste
Pepper – as per taste
- In a pan, dry roast the walnuts and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add the chopped bell peppers and drizzle with some olive oil and roast them till they start to char.
- Take it off heat and let it cool down a little.
- Add the walnuts and bell peppers along with more olive oil, basil leaves, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper to your mixie jar and blend it well.
- Adjust the seasonings as per taste.