Ghee is an ingredient we use extensively in the Indian cooking. And there are many of us who make ghee at home too. It is considered to be a healthy fat that is good to have in moderation. These ghee cookies are made using whole wheat flour (atta), thus avoiding refined flour. They melt in your mouth and also at the same time are much healthier cookies. Just thought of sharing this recipe as Christmas is around the corner and making something home-made and healthy for family is always fun.
I also love making these cookies with my kids. They, in fact, love following my recipes and making it all by themselves too.. That, I would say, is a true test of my recipes too! Sometimes, I prepare bigger batches of these cookies and kids and hubby love to have them as snacks during the day.
Eggless Whole Wheat Ghee CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Try these delicious whole wheat ghee cookies this festive season! These Indian cookies contain no egg and can be made with just a few ingredients!
Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Baking Soda – ½ tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Ghee – ½ cup
Castor/Powdered Sugar – ½ cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Milk – if needed to make a smooth dough
- Preheat the oven at 180C. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the ghee till it lightens and is smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla essence and whisk again.
- To this, add the flour mix and mix it all well to form a smooth dough.
- If the dough looks dry, then add a little bit of milk to bring it all together.
- Make small balls and place it on a lined baking tray.
- Bake the cookies at 180C for 10-12 min till the bottom turns light brown.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool down properly.