If you are craving for a dessert, but don’t have the time to make an elaborate one, then this is a perfect recipe. Easy and quick to put together and is healthy too. Works as a great vegan dessert too for those who want to avoid dairy. It takes less than 10 min to come together.
You can also make this ahead and keep it refrigerated if you have guests over. And top it up with some fresh fruits, nuts and seeds at the time of serving. The chocolate flavour gives it a nice twist, however if you want to make a non-chocolate version, you can skip the cocoa powder and add other flavourings of your choice.
Chocolate Chia PuddingCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
A healthy, quick and easy dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Chia Seeds – ½ cup
Milk – 1 cup (use coconut or almond milk for vegan option)
Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
Vanilla Essence – 1 tbsp
Salt – a pinch
Honey – ¼ cup
Fruits, nuts and seeds of choice for topping
- Add the chia seeds to the blender jar.
- Next, add the milk, cocoa powder, vanilla essence, salt and honey to it. Blend it well.
- The mix will be thick and pudding like consistency.
- Top it up with fresh fruits, nuts and seeds of your choice and serve.
- This makes for a great breakfast as well as dessert option.
- Milk: You can replace the milk used in this recipe with any plant based milk to make this a vegan recipe.
- Cocoa Powder: If you don’t prefer cocoa powder, you can skip it. In which case, it will be a vanilla flavoured pudding, You can also add some fruit while blending to give it a fruit flavour.