Sometimes all you crave for is something light, yet filling.. Something delicious but requires minimum effort to prepare. Something you can have alongside a meal or just by itself. This apple pie smoothie could be your answer to all these requirements.
You can pour this into a glass drink it like a smoothie or serve it into bowls and top it up with some fresh fruits, nuts and seeds and make it a full meal. You can even have it alongside some muesli or oats if you prefer that.
Apple Pie SmoothieCourse: DrinksDifficulty: Easy
Delicious apple pie flavoured smoothie – have it as a breakfast or an intermediate snack.
Red Apples – 2
Frozen Banana – 1
Thick Yoghurt – ½ cup
Milk (dairy or non dairy) – ¾-1 cup
Ice – few cubes
Cinnamon Powder/ Cake Spice Mix – ½ tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Honey – 1-2 tsp (optional)
- De-core the apples and chop it into smaller pieces along with the skin.
- Cut the frozen banana into slices if you have not sliced it before freezing.
- Add these to the blender jar along with the frozen banana pieces, yoghurt, milk, ice cubes, cinnamon powder/cake spice mix and vanilla essence.
- Blend it all together nicely till smooth. If it feels to be too thick, add the remaining ¼ cup of milk and blend again.
- Add honey, if needed, for more sweetness.
- Pour the smoothie into two glasses and sprinkle some cinnamon powder/cake spice mix on top and serve chilled. You can also garnish with some chopped apple slices, chia seeds and other seeds and nuts.