Sometime back I had posted the recipe for Apple Crumble and had got some great feedback from people who tried it out. So when I saw strawberries in the stores, wanted to try out something similar with these lovely fruits too. There are definitely a few changes to this from how I made the apple crumble. I wanted to make these into bars, which can be eaten like a granola bar. But these do crumble if you keep it out of the refrigerator for a while, hence the name crumble bars..:)
Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble BarsCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
A delicious strawberry crumble, which you can also have refrigerate and have like oatmeal bars.
- For the crumble
Strawberry – 200 gms, diced
Cornstarch – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1/2–1 tbsp (adjust as per sourness of strawberries)
Sugar – 1 tbsp (adjust as per sweetness of strawberries)
Rolled Oats – 1 cup
Whole Wheat Flour – 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar – 1/3 cup
Ginger Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chopped nuts – 1/4 cup (mix of almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios)
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Melted Butter – 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp
- For the glaze
Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1/2 tsp
Milk – 1 tbsp (adjust for pouring consistency)
Step by Step Process
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the strawberry, cornstarch, lemon juice and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients for the crumble. The mixture should be slightly wet and form clumps.
- Add half of this oats mix into the loaf tin and press it evenly.
- Spread the strawberry mix on top of this and top it up with the remaining oats mixture. Press it down firmly.
- Bake this at 180C in the preheated oven for 40 min till the top changes color and looks firm.
- Once done, remove it from the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, you can cut it into slices. You can also refrigerate this for a while to firm it up.
- For the glaze, mix together all ingredients in a bowl and then drizzle this on the crumble bars while serving.