Doesn’t a no-sugar recipe always seem interesting?? What better way to sweeten your food than to use natural ingredients instead of refined sugar. I am always on the lookout for such alternatives and I was so glad when Dr. Varuna Rao suggested this recipe to me as a great and healthy breakfast option. It is truly a no hassles meal and very quick to put together too. Have it as a smoothie in a glass or as a smoothie bowl with more fresh fruits, some nuts and seeds added as well.
Dr. Varuna has a PhD in Food Science and Nutrition, and over 13 years of experience in the field – specializing in target group-based nutrition campaigns, content creation, new product development, consumer insight, menu planning, awareness workshops, wellness related expertise and helps individuals and corporates, embrace healthy regimes. She has been kind enough to share some of her recipes with me to present to all of you as part of the Tuesday Health Series on my channel.
No Sugar Banana And Oats Breakfast SmoothieCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Very Easy
An easy to make, healthy breakfast smoothie with no sugar added.
Banana – 2
Rolled Oats – 4 tbsp
Dates – 4, seed removed and chopped
Almonds – 8
Flax Seed Powder – 1 tbsp
Yoghurt – ½ cup
Ice – if needed
Step by Step Process
- Chop the bananas into pieces. Remove the seed from the dates and chop it roughly.
- You can also chop the almonds into smaller pieces. If your bananas are over-ripe and really sweet, you can reduce the quantity of dates added.
- Add all the ingredients together into a blender jar.
- Add ice, if you prefer.
- Blend together till smooth.
- Serve it as a smoothie in a glass or as a smoothie bowl. You can top it up with fresh fruits of your choice and other nuts and seeds too.