I am sure you would have seen these cookies in your local bakery store. These are white round cookies with a coating of crushed cornflakes, not very sweet and a great accompaniment with your evening cup of tea or coffee. I remember these cookies from my childhood – not from the bakery store but from my mom’s kitchen…:) I don’t remember eating store bought cookies as a child – it was always made at home and we used to love going through mom’s store room to find out all the goodies she used to make. I now make these once in a while for my kids and they also enjoy them the way I do..:)
If your butter is at room temperature, then it just about takes 30 min from start to finish. That is one thing I love about many of these recipes from my mom. They are not just simple to prepare, but also quick!
Melting Moments CookiesCourse: CookiesDifficulty: Easy
A mildly sweet vanilla flavoured cookies, coated with crushed cornflakes.
Butter – 100 gms (approx. ½ cup), soft at room temperature
Sugar – ¼ cup + 3 tbsp
Egg – 1
All Purpose Flour – 1 cup+2 tbsp
Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
Salt – a pinch
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Crushed cornflakes – for coating the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 170 C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar using an electric beater or whisk till soft and pale.
- Add the egg and beat well again.
- Next add the flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla essence and mix together to form a smooth dough.
- Make small balls and coat them with the crushed cornflakes.
- Keep the balls on the baking tray leaving small gaps in between and bake in the preheated oven at 170 C for about 20 min, till the bottom of the cookies change to a light brown color.
- Remove it from the oven and let it cool properly. These cookies will be soft when hot and tend to crisp further as they cool.