A good bread pudding is always a treat to have. You can keep it simple and make in a plain vanilla flavour and dress it up with a sauce or add other flavours to it. I love fruity flavoured bread puddings. And prefer pairing it with a sauce too. Earlier, I had shared the recipe for a Pineapple Bread Pudding. Now with Christmas and New Year approaching, I felt that a recipe infused with some warm spices would be perfect. And that’s how I tried out this Orange flavoured bread pudding which is infused with this Spiced Orange Sauce. I prefer letting the pudding soak in some of the sauce before I serve it and then pour more sauce while serving…:)
This is one of those easy desserts to make for the upcoming festival season that you should definitely give a try. While your pudding is baking, you can prepare the sauce and keep it ready!
Bread Pudding With Spiced Orange SauceCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Check out the recipe for this bread pudding which is soaked with a spiced orange sauce.
Butter – 100 gms, soft and at room temperature
Castor Sugar – 1 cup
Cake spice mix / Cinnamon Powder – 1/2 tsp
Eggs – 3
Fresh Cream – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Orange Rind – 1 tsp (from 1/2 orange)
Bread Slices – 6, cut into cubes
Spiced Orange Sauce (for topping)
Step by Step Process
- Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and cake spice mix / cinnamon powder till soft.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue beating. Next, add the cream, essence and orange rind and beat well. Finally mix in the bread slices.
- Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish and add the bread pudding mixture to it.
- Bake for 30 min or till top starts to change color to a slight golden brown color and is set.
- Top the pudding with the Spiced Orange Sauce and let it soak for some time. Add more sauce while serving!
- Flavouring: I like to flavour this pudding with my cake spice mix along with the orange rind. If you do not have the cake spice mix, you can add cinnamon powder too. And if you prefer to just have the orange flavour, you can leave the cinnamon/cake spice mix out of the recipe and increase the quantity of orange rind you add.
- Baking Time: In my oven, this pudding takes about 30 min to bake. I prefer baking this in a glass dish so that I can see how the sides look. You should take care not to overbake, else the pudding will turn out dry. Before 30 min, if you see the top has browned and there is no liquid batter, you can turn off the oven and take out the pudding.