A fusion of two things you just cannot not like- maggi and cheese. Here’s presenting Cheesy Maggi Pockets – a quick and yummy recipe to quench your craving. You should definitely try out this innovative maggi recipe that you can churn out using the packets of Masala Maggi. It will surely make you love maggi more and more , whenever the hunger strikes!
Few things to keep in mind
- Maggi: You can use any maggi flavour for this recipe. In case you don’t want to add the maggi tastemaker, you can skip that and instead increase the other seasonings in this recipe.
- Vegetables: I have used only peas and carrot in this recipe. You can add other vegetables of your choice too in this.
- Maggi Noodles – 1 pack, with tastemaker
- Carrot – a small piece, grated
- Peas – 2 tbsp
- Piri Piri Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Amchur Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Mozarella Cheese – 50 gms, grated
- Bread Slices – 6-8, edges removed
- Flour – 2-3 tbsp, mixed with a little mixed to form a paste (for sealing the bread pockets)
- Oil for frying
Step by Step Process
- Bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil and add the maggi, carrot and peas to it. Cover it and cook for 2 min.
- Remove the lid and cook till the water is all absorbed and maggi is cooked.
- Add the piri masala, amchur powder, maggi taste maker and chilli flakes and mix well. Turn off the heat and keep it aside.
- Remove the edges of all the bread slices and roll it flat. Add a portion of maggi mix into and top it up with some grated cheese.
- Apply the flour mix along the edges, and fold the bread over and stick the edges well.
- These maggi pockets can either be fried or baked.
- For baking, apply some ghee or butter on all sides of the bread and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 C till it changes color and is crunchy.
- For frying, heat oil in a pan and fry the maggi pockets on medium heat till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve hot with some ketchup or dip.