**This recipe post may contain affiliate links. Read my Disclaimer here.
Anybody who loves chocolate would surely be a fan of Chocolate Brownies. And what if I say we can make Chocolate Brownies much healthier than the usual recipes. If you want to follow the traditional method of making brownies, then check out this recipe for a gooey chocolate brownie with a crackling top!
However, if you wish to avoid refined flour and sugar and want to switch to healthier ingredients, then this is a recipe you should try out. I have used 99% Dark Chocolate from Amul for this recipe. So that doesn’t contain added sugar. The only sugar the recipe has is what we are adding. If you like dark chocolate, you will surely like these brownies.
Some of the ingredients I have used in this recipe have been bought from Amazon. I have listed my recommendations for the same and you may shop for them here.
This recipe was developed in collaboration with Ms. Teresa George, who is the regional head of nutrition at HealthifyMe. This recipe uses Coconut Sugar, which is not recommended when you are following a strict Keto Diet. Hence, you should eat this in small portions and probably work out a little more to burn off the additional calories! You can also consider replacing the coconut sugar with a keto friendly natural sweetener.
Do check out some of the other Keto Recipes I have shared..
Few things to keep in mind
- Dark Chocolate: I have used 99% dark chocolate in this. However, if you are using chocolate which has added sugar, then do make adjustments to the quantity of sugar you add in the recipe.
- Almond/Coconut Flour: I have used coconut flour in this recipe. However, if what you have is almond flour, you can replace the coconut flour with almond flour.
- Butter: I always prefer using unsalted butter for my baking recipes. That way I can control the quantity of salt to be added as the salted butter from different brands contain different amount of salt added.
- Unsalted Butter – 3/4 cup (170 gms)
- 99% Dark Chocolate – 50 gms (Buy it here)
- Almond / Coconut Flour – 1/2 cup (Buy it here)
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 1/3 cup
- Coconut sugar – 1.25 cups (Reduce sugar if using 70-80% dark chocolate) (Buy it here)
- Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Eggs – 3
Step by Step Process
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces or grate it. In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter and chocolate and melt it together till a smooth sauce is formed.
- In another bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. The dry ingredients can be sieved together or sieve the cocoa powder alone to ensure there are no lumps.
- Add the chocolate and butter mix, the vanilla essence and eggs to the dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour the batter into an 8*8 inch baking tin lined with parchment paper.
- Smoothen the top with a spatula and let it bake for 15-20 min.
- The top should look a little done, but make sure not to overbake. A skewer inserted should come out with some wet crumbs sticking to it, but not wet batter.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!