This Green Egg Wrap is basically a spinach omelette which has ingredients which help with weight loss. The recipe has been designed in a way that it leave you feeling full and hence is a good breakfast option.
You need not wait to be on a weight loss or fat burning diet to have this…:) It is a healthy meal and a good way to start your day!
Few things to keep in mind
- Spinach: Spinach is rich in insoluble fiber, thus making it a good low calorie and high satiety vegetable. It helps cut down on hunger pangs and extra unnecessary calorie intake.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in protein And protein helps in controlling the production of hunger and appetite hormones, thereby leading to lower intake of calories. Proteins help boost metabolism as well. In fact, starting the day everyday with high protein options in the breakfast will help to a great extent in fat/weight loss.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is rich in Monounsaturated Fatty Acids – the good fat – that helps to increase satiety levels in the body.
- Eggs – 2 whole
- Spinach – 1 cup loosely packed
- Tomato – ½, chopped fine
- Onion – ½, chopped fine
- Capsicum – ½, small size and chopped fine
- Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Red chilli flakes – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as required
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – a handful, chopped
Step by Step Process
- Add the eggs and raw spinach into a blender and blend it to a fine paste. Season with some salt and pepper, as needed.
- Heat a pan and add the olive oil to it. Pour the egg mixture onto it and let it cook covered on low flame for a minute.
- Once the egg is partially cooked, add the topping – tomato, onion, capsicum, coriander leaves, salt, pepper and chilli flakes and cover the pan again.
- Let it cook slowly and evenly under low flame in the covered pan for a few minutes.
- Once done, fold the egg in half and turn off the flame. Serve it hot.