Though it sounds like a dessert, this is an excellent breakfast option. I have made this recipe without any added refined sugar or dairy. You can really load it up with fresh fruits, dry fruits, nuts and seeds making it a power-packed breakfast!
This recipe is pretty quick and easy to make. You can replace the fruits, nuts and seeds as per what is available with you. I have used coconut milk in this recipe. You can replace it with either any other plant based milk for a dairy-free option, or else regular dairy based milk will do.
- Chia Seeds – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk – 200 ml (4/5 of a cup)
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Mango Pulp – 1 cup
- Chopped Mango Pieces
- Peeled Pomegranate
- Chopped Nuts / Seeds of your choice (I use a mix of sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds and pumpkin seeds)
Step by Step Process
- In a bowl, take the coconut milk and add the chia seeds to it.
- Add the honey (adjust for sweetness as per your taste) and the vanilla essence and mix it all well.
- Chia seeds will tend to lump up together. So make sure to mix it thoroughly breaking all lumps. Let this mixture sit for 10-15 min.
- In your serving glass, add some mango pulp to the bottom. Sprinkle a few pomegranates on top of this.
- Layer the chia seed mixture on top of this and then add some chopped mangoes.
- Repeat the layers of step 4 and 5 again and finally top it off with some nut and seeds.
- I filled two glasses layered with this pudding. Depending on the size of your serving glass, you can divide the ingredients and layer it.