Though it sounds like a dessert, this is an excellent breakfast option. I have made this recipe without any added refined sugar or dairy. You can really load it up with fresh fruits, dry fruits, nuts and seeds making it a power-packed breakfast!
This recipe is pretty quick and easy to make. You can replace the fruits, nuts and seeds as per what is available with you. I have used coconut milk in this recipe. You can replace it with either any other plant based milk for a dairy-free option, or else regular dairy based milk will do.
- Chia Seeds – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk – 200 ml (4/5 of a cup)
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Mango Pulp – 1 cup
- Chopped Mango Pieces
- Peeled Pomegranate
- Chopped Nuts / Seeds of your choice (I use a mix of sunflower seeds, watermelon seeds and pumpkin seeds)
Step by Step Process
- In a bowl, take the coconut milk and add the chia seeds to it.
- Add the honey (adjust for sweetness as per your taste) and the vanilla essence and mix it all well.
- Chia seeds will tend to lump up together. So make sure to mix it thoroughly breaking all lumps. Let this mixture sit for 10-15 min.
- In your serving glass, add some mango pulp to the bottom. Sprinkle a few pomegranates on top of this.
- Layer the chia seed mixture on top of this and then add some chopped mangoes.
- Repeat the layers of step 4 and 5 again and finally top it off with some nut and seeds.
- I filled two glasses layered with this pudding. Depending on the size of your serving glass, you can divide the ingredients and layer it.
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!