This is a very popular Indian bar snack and doesn’t require much effort or time to put together. It has the Indian chaat flavours and hence is also called the Masala Peanut Chaat. I usually serve this along with other starters when I have guests over and it is a crowd pleaser.
- Roasted Peanuts – ½ cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – enough to frying the chilli powder
- Onion – 1 medium, chopped fine
- Tomato – 1 medium, chopped fine
- Green Chilli – 1, chopped fine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chaat Masala – ½ tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Coriander Leaves – a handful, chopped
Step by Step Process
- In a small pan, heat the oil and add the red chilli powder to it. Give it a quick stir and add the roasted peanuts. Toss it around till well coated.
- Add the chopped onions, tomatoes, green chilli and the seasonings along with the peanuts into a bowl and mix well.
- Adjust the salt and lemon juice, as per taste. Finally add the coriander leaves and serve.