This recipe was a trial I had done for a Christmas party. Basically wanted to make a no-cook party starter which had an element of freshness to it and wasn’t too spicy. This was an instant hit with everyone. When I made this for the first time, it more or less went like a little bit of this and a little bit of that. So when I decided to present this as part of FoodTokWithSherin, I had to experiment a couple of times before I got the flavours I liked.
I have kept this purely vegetarian. But you can alter the filling to add some other ingredients of your choice. I am sure cut bacon or sausage pieces will also go great in this filling..:)
Few things to keep in mind
- Pre-preparation: I would suggest that you can prep the cucumbers ahead in time and keep it refrigerated. Similarly, the filling can also be made ahead and refrigerated. Assembling of this starter can be done just before serving.
- Cucumbers – 2
- Cream Cheese – 100 gms
- Green Apple – 1
- Raisins – a small handful
- Cranberries – a small handful, optional
- Seasonings – Salt, Pepper, Chilli Flakes, Italian Seasoning (optional)
Step by Step Process
- Peel the cucumbers and cut them lengthwise into two. From each piece, scoop out the inside seed part with a spoon and cut each piece into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Peel the green apple and grate it coarsely.
- Whisk the cream cheese till smooth and add the green apple to it and mix well.
- Add the raisins, cranberries and the seasonings as per choice.
- If not serving immediately, keep the cucumbers and filling refrigerated separately.
- At this time of serving, fill the cream cheese mix into each cucumber boat and sprinkle some chilli flakes on top for color. Serve cold!
Love food?? Love cooking even more?? Check out FoodTokWithSherin for easy to make delicious recipes!!!