Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are a delightful twist on the classic cookie, perfect for indulging your sweet tooth. Imagine a cookie that’s not only soft and chewy on the inside but also boasts a striking red hue with beautiful crackles on the surface. These cookies are a visual treat, resembling little bites of happiness. What makes them even more special is that they are eggless, making them a great choice for those with dietary restrictions or anyone looking for a delightful treat without eggs.
These Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies are easy to make, with simple ingredients that come together to create a batch of irresistible, heartwarming goodness. The deep red hue of these cookies is reminiscent of the romantic shades associated with love. As they bake, the cookies form distinctive crinkles on the surface, creating a beautiful contrast. For those unfamiliar with the term “red velvet,” it’s a flavor profile that combines the rich taste of cocoa with a hint of vanilla. The cocoa flavour is not over-powering in these cookies.
These delightful little bites are not just cookies; they are tokens of affection, perfect for expressing your love on Valentine’s Day or any special occasion.
Eggless Red Velvet Crinkle CookiesCourse: CookiesDifficulty: Easy
Easy to make cookies with a vibrant red hue!
Melted Butter – 2 tbsp
Buttermilk – ¼ cup
Castor Sugar – ¼ cup
Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
Red Gel Food Color – 2-3 drops
All-Purpose Flour – 1/2 cup
Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
Baking Powder – ¼ tsp
Baking Soda – 1/8 tsp
Salt – 1/8 tsp
Powdered Sugar for Rolling
- Into a bowl, add melted butter, buttermilk, castor sugar, vanilla essence and red gel food color and mix well.
- To this, sieve in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix this all till well combined.
- Refrigerate this dough for atleast an hour till it hardens up.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the dough and roll it into a ball. Coat it with the powdered sugar and place on a lined baking tray.
- Once all the cookies are shaped and rolled, toss them once again in the powdered sugar to coat and then line them back onto the baking tray.
- Bake this at 180C in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will be soft when hot and will harden a little as they cool.
- These cookies have a crunchy exterior and a soft texture inside. Let them cool completely before removing them from the baking tray and storing in an airtight container.