I keep looking for evening snack options for kids which are filling as well as nutritious. And these Moong Dal Nuggets tick both these requirements for me. These are easy to make and you can air-fry or bake them too for a lesser oil version. These are also versatile – you can add some finely chopped vegetables too to this recipe to make it even more healthier. These crispy golden bites are packed with wholesome goodness.
Moong Dal Nuggets are bite-sized snacks made from the humble yet nutritious moong dal, also known as green gram. They are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside – exactly how you would want your nuggets to be. These are a healthier alternative to the traditional fried snacks too. Packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, moong dal is a vegetarian’s best friend. It provides a burst of energy, helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system, and supports overall well-being.
Whether you’re hosting a party, enjoying a movie night, or just looking for a quick bite, Moong Dal Nuggets are the ideal companion. Their bite-sized nature makes them perfect for sharing, and their convenience ensures that you can indulge in a tasty treat anytime, anywhere.
Moong Dal NuggetsCourse: SnacksCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
Get ready to elevate your snacking experience and treat yourself to the irresistible joy of Moong Dal Nuggets!
Yellow Moong Dal – ½ cup
Onion – ½, finely chopped
Ginger – ½-inch piece, finely chopped
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – a few sprigs, finely chopped
Salt – ¾-1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
Black Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp
Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
Bread Crumbs – ¼-½ cup
Oil for shallow frying
- Wash the moong dal thoroughly and soak it in enough water for about an hour.
- Drain the water completely and add the dal to your mixie jar. Grind this to a coarse paste. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- To this, add onion, ginger, green chilli, coriander leaves, salt, chilli powder, pepper, garam masala, cumin powder and cornflour and mix well.
- Add ¼ cup bread crumbs into this first and mix well. If the mix appears too wet, then add some more bread crumbs and mix well. Shape into nuggets and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry these nuggets till golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with any dip or chutney of your choice.