When you are looking for a food that combines comfort, taste and nutrition, then this Spinach Corn Rice could be your answer. This delightful preparation brings together the earthy goodness of spinach, the sweetness of corn, and the comforting embrace of rice in a symphony of colors and flavors that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy. This is not just a meal but a celebration of simplicity and wholesomeness. This dish is a testament to how a few humble ingredients can come together to create something that satisfies both the body and the soul.
Picture a plate filled with vibrant green spinach leaves, golden corn kernels, and fluffy rice grains, all mingling together to create a feast for the senses. Spinach, with its rich iron content and numerous vitamins, adds a nutritious punch to the dish. Corn, sweet and succulent, introduces a burst of sweetness that complements the hearty spinach. And the rice, a staple in many cuisines, acts as the perfect canvas to absorb and showcase the amalgamation of flavors.
This dish can be quickly and easily prepared using some leftover rice too – a good option to serve it in a new avatar. It is a great option to pack in tiffin box too and does not require any sides as it is by itself packed with flavours.
Spinach Corn RiceCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
A colorful and hearty meal that is packed with flavours!
Spinach – 250 gms
Coriander Leaves – 3-4 sprigs
Mint Leaves – 3-4 sprigs
Green Chilli – 1
Ginger – 1/2-inch piece
Garlic – 3-4 cloves
Sat – ¼ tsp
Water to grind to a smooth paste
Oil – 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Hing – a pinch
Onion – 1, chopped
Salt – ½ tsp
Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
Boiled Sweet Corn – ½ cup
Cooked Rice – 2 cups
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Juice from half a lemon
- Clean the spinach leaves and blanch them.
- For blanching, heat water in a pot or a pan and add the spinach leaves into for a minute or two till they change to a bright green color. Immediately take them out and put them into ice cold water. Strain from the water and remove all excess water.
- Add the blanched spinach leaves along with coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli, ginger, garlic, salt and a little water to your mixie/blended jar and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds and hing to it.
- Add the onion along with salt and saute till it starts changing color.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder and saute till the spices are aromatic.
- Add the spinach paste and boiled sweet corn to this and cook till the spinach is cooked through. Add more salt, if needed.
- Add cooked rice and mix it well.
- Finally add garam masala and a squeeze of lemon, mix well and serve hot.