Stuffed Chocolate Dates are a delicious and indulgent treat that combine the natural sweetness of dates with the rich flavor of chocolate. Soft and plump variety of dates like the Medjool dates work best for making these. These can be enjoyed as a dessert or snack. They are also a great addition to the Iftar table during Ramadan. Dates are traditionally eaten as the first food item during Iftar, as it is believed that Prophet Muhammad broke his fast with dates. These Stuffed Chocolate Dates are a modern twist on this tradition, as they combine the sweetness of dates with the indulgence of chocolate.
Stuffed Chocolate Dates are a great option for those following a vegan, paleo, or gluten-free diet. The dates are pitted and stuffed with dry fruits of choice – like almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans etc. It is then dipped in melted chocolate and can be refrigerated or served immediately. These sweet treats are a healthier alternative to traditional desserts, as dates are a natural source of fiber and antioxidants, while chocolate can provide essential minerals like iron and magnesium.
Stuffed Chocolate Dates are easy to make and can be customized to fit a variety of dietary needs. They are perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth while still maintaining a healthy diet. The combination of dates and chocolate also provides a boost of energy, making it an ideal choice as an anytime snack!
Stuffed Chocolate DatesCourse: Dessert
A healthy sweet treat that you can enjoy anytime of the day!
Dates – 200 gms
Almonds, Cashews and Pistachios for stuffing
Dark Chocolate – 200 gms, melted
- Remove the seeds from dates. Fill each dates with almonds, cashews and pistachios.
- Melt the dark chocolate in either a microwave in bursts of 15-20 seconds or on a double boiler.
- Dip each stuffed dates into the melted chocolate and transfer it onto a parchment paper or lined tray.
- Sprinkle some of the crushed nuts on top of the chocolate.
- Once it sets, it can served immediately. You can also store it in an airtight container in a cool place and serve later.