Salads are a great way to incorporate vegetables, fruits, nuts and proteins in your daily meals. You can keep the salads as simple as just a few raw vegetables seasoned with some salt and pepper or prepare different salad dressings and toss in a variety of ingredients to make it more interesting and a hearty meal! This Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salad is perfect for a light and healthy meal, and it’s bursting with flavor and color. The juicy and tangy pineapple pairs perfectly with the tender and grilled chicken, while the fresh greens and vegetables add to the crunch and texture.
The dressing used for this salad is a balsamic vinegar dressing. It complements the char grilled taste from the chicken and pineapple pieces. What I love about this salad is that it’s so versatile. You can customize it to your liking by adding or substituting ingredients.
You can have this healthy and satisfying meal ready in under 30 minutes! The ingredients used in this salad are ones that you can easily find in your nearby grocery store. Grilling the pineapple and adding it to this salad gives it added flavours. Overall, this grilled chicken and pineapple salad recipe is a perfect option for those who want to eat healthy but still enjoy delicious and flavorful food.
Grilled Chicken And Pineapple SaladCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
This grilled chicken and pineapple salad recipe is a perfect option for those who want to eat healthy but still enjoy delicious and flavorful food.
Chicken Breast – 200-250 gms
Salt and Pepper as per taste
Garlic Powder – ½ tsp (optional)
Pineapple Slices – 1 cup
Salad Greens – 2 cups
Red Bell Pepper – ½ piece, sliced
Mixed Nuts and Seeds
Oil for cooking
- Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
Olive Oil – 6 tbsp
Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 1/2 tsp, finely chopped or minced
Honey/Maple Syrup – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Pepper Powder – 1/8 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Mustard Sauce – 1 tsp (optional)
Dried Basil or Thyme – 2 tsp (optional)
- For the dressing, add the olive oil, lemon juice, coriander leaves, garlic, salt and pepper to a blender jar and blend well. Any extra dressing can be stored in a bottle with a tight lid and refrigerated.
- Add some salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using) to the chicken pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the pineapple slices in it. Cook it on high flame till there is a slight char on both sides. Remove and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add some more oil and add the chicken pieces. Cook on high flame to get a brown color on both sides.
- If the pieces are not very thick, the inside of the chicken will also be cooked in this time. Else, cook it on low flame for a couple of minutes till done.
- Remove it to a plate and once it cools down a little, cut into thin strips.
- Onto the serving plate, add the salad greens.
- Place the chicken pieces in the centre and arrange the grilled pineapple and red bell pepper on either side.
- Pour some of the dressing on top and then garnish with some mixed nuts and seeds before serving.