Salads are a delicious and nutritious dish that typically consists of a mixture of raw or cooked vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, and other ingredients, tossed together with a dressing. They are a great way to incorporate fresh produce into your diet, and can be customized to suit your taste preferences and dietary needs. You can serve salads as a side dish or as a main course, depending on the ingredients and portion size. If you like Asian flavours, then this Sweet Chilli Tofu Salad is something you should definitely try!
Sweet Chilli Tofu Salad is a delicious and healthy dish that can be enjoyed as a light lunch or dinner. It’s packed with protein from the tofu and healthy veggies, making it a great option for vegans and vegetarians.
The sweet chilli dressing used for this salad can be made in larger quantities and kept refrigerated in a bottle with a tight lid. So whenever you want to make this salad, you have your salad dressing ready to put together a quick salad. This dressing can also be added to tofu to make a quick vegan stir-fry!
Sweet Chilli Tofu SaladCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
Sweet Chilli Tofu Salad is a delicious and healthy dish that can be enjoyed as a light lunch or dinner.
Tofu – 100 gms, pressed and sliced
Sesame Oil – 2-3 tsp
Onion – 1 small, sliced
Red Bell Pepper – ½, thinly sliced
Yellow Bell Pepper – ½, thinly sliced
Broccoli – a few florets, blanched and sliced
Salt and Pepper as per taste
Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Sweet Chilli Dressing
Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
Sesame Oil – 1 tbsp
Vinegar – 2 tbsp (3 tbsp of apple cider)
Chilli Sauce – 2 tbsp
Honey/Maple Syrup – 3 tbsp
Soy Sauce – 2 tbsp
Red Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
Grated or finely chopped ginger – ¼ tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Pepper – 1/2 tsp (adjust as per taste)
- For the dressing, add the olive oil, sesame oil, vinegar, chilli sauce, honey, soy sauce, red chilli flakes, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk it till well combined. Any extra dressing can be stored in a bottle with a tight lid and refrigerated.
- Add a little dressing on the tofu pieces and mix it well. Keep it aside in the refrigerator till you saute the other vegetables.
- In a pan, heat some sesame oil. Add the onion, red and yellow bell pepper and broccoli to it and cook on high flame.
- Season with some salt and pepper and continue stirring till the vegetables are partially cooked and still crunchy. Transfer this to your serving plate.
- In the same pan, add a little more oil and add the tofu pieces. Cook on both sides and add any leftover dressing that was there with the tofu into the pan and bring it all together.
- Place the tofu pieces on top of the vegetables and pour some more of the sweet chilli dressing on top.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.