Salads are a great option for those who want to incorporate more fresh vegetables into their diet and maintain a healthy lifestyle. They are also versatile and can be customized with various ingredients and dressings to suit your taste. Whether you’re a busy professional, a health enthusiast, or just someone who loves good food, you should certainly include atleast one salad in your daily meal plan! Packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients, this Creamy Chicken Salad is not only good for you but also satisfying and tasty.
This salad is perfect for those looking for a light and refreshing meal that doesn’t compromise on flavor. Mayonnaise is an ingredient which you will usually find in salad recipes which have a creamy dressing. However, you can make such salads healthier by replacing the mayonnaise with Greek Yogurt.
You can make changes to the ingredients added in this salad with what you like and have available with you. The creamy salad dressing can be prepared in advance and stored in an airtight jar in the refrigerator.
Creamy Chicken SaladCourse: SaladsDifficulty: Easy
Chicken Breast – 200-250 gms
Salt and Pepper as per taste
Garlic Powder – ½ tsp (optional)
Lettuce Leaves – 1 cup, chopped
Onion – 1 small, chopped fine
Red Apple – ½, sliced thin
Cucumber – ½ piece, cubed
Cherry Tomato – a few, halved
Almonds – a few chopped
Chia Seeds – 1-2 tsp
- Greek Yoghurt Dressing
Greek Yoghurt – 1/4 cup
Olive Oil – ½ tbsp
Garlic – 2-3 cloves, minced
Honey/Maple Syrup – ½ tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp (adjust as per taste)
Pepper – 1/2 tsp (adjust as per taste)
- For the dressing, add the Greek yoghurt, olive oil, garlic honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk it till well combined. Any extra dressing can be stored in a bottle with a tight lid and refrigerated.
- Add some salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using) to the chicken pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the chicken pieces. Cook on high flame to get a brown color on both sides.
- If the pieces are not very thick, the inside of the chicken will also be cooked in this time. Else, cook it on low flame for a couple of minutes till done.
- Remove it to a plate and once it cools down a little, cut into thin strips.
- Into a bowl, add the lettuce leaves, onion, apple, cucumber and tomato along with some of the dressing and mix it well.
- Transfer it to a serving plate and top it with some chopped almonds and chia seeds and serve.