Looking for the perfect Springtime dessert? This Lemon Crepes recipe might just be it! These thin, light pancakes have a zesty batter. You can drizzle some honey or sprinkle some sugar while serving these crepes. Or may be just top these with fresh fruits and enjoy the citrusy taste in every bite. It’s a delicious recipe for a brunch on any day.
I like to experiment with different pancake and crepe recipes because my kids love them. They are happy to have these as breakfast or as a snack. These lemon crepes are so flavourful that it doesn’t need any filling. You can always replace the all purpose flour with whole wheat flour to make these healthier.
Lemon CrepesCourse: BreakfastCuisine: FrenchDifficulty: Easy
Crepes are much easier to make than you might actually think. If you haven’t tried making them yet, please do so.
Egg – 1
Milk – 2/3 cup
Powdered/Castor Sugar – 2.5 tbsp
All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
Lemon Juice – 1-2 tbsp (adjust as per taste)
Lemon Zest – from one small lemon
Vanilla Essence – ½ tsp
Salt – a pinch
- Whisk together egg, milk and sugar till well blended.
- To this, whisk in the flour.
- Next, add the lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla essence and salt and whisk well.
- Heat a, iron or non-stick pan and spread the batter thin to make the crepes.
- Once the top looks dry, flip it over and cook for a couple of seconds again.
- Fold and remove it from heat.
- Serve with some lemon or vanilla sauce, fresh fruits and some powdered sugar.